Wow, you are all right... yesterday was a day of vast emotions! We went out to explore Taipei yesterday morning and into the afternoon. Of course, number 1 on my list was Taipei 101 building! It was just amazing to see this building standing so tall above you... it gave me the feeling of how small we truly all are in this world. It was truly beautiful and we spent hours walking around the shopping mall, gazing from its high obeservatories and eating noodles in the food court. Shasha loved the fast elevator but she said that it wasn't fast enough! Can you believe her??? I mean we are talking about the 2 fastest elevators in the world and they are too slow for my daughter!
We walked around the 89th floor for a long time. We had a little gadget that told us what we were looking at in each direction and we made sure to take it all in! It is amazing as to what you can see from 89 floors up! Then we went up to the 91st floor which is outside and walked around in the wind! It was so cool and reminded me very much of looking out from the top of the Twin Towers years ago. We had a great day despite us feeling down but it also forced us to stay very busy.
By 4 pm we were so tired! We actually set an alarm for 5 pm and took a a nap but felt much worse after waking. We forced ourselves out to a shopping mall just for something to do to keep us awake... and we found a whole bunch of little mall rides for Shasha to go on. She loved them and she also played at the little playground for a little while too! The rides played Chinese music and some of it we could identify as songs we knew... and some we had absolutely no idea! Anyway, we went to bed by 7 pm last night and woke up at 4:30 am this morning! I feel so much better today but it could also be the excitement of finally getting to hold Po in our arms in just a few short hours. We are being picked up in less than 10 minutes and my pictures are still loading!!!!!
Next time we post... We will be a family of 4!!!!!
Dawn... I miss you so much! I almost spent $1.99 a minute to call you yesterday but then I realized that with the time difference you were probably in bed!
Amy... Today is the day of my big celebration! This is very exciting!
And thank you to all who have expressed your sytmpathy for our family's loss. We did receiev word that the services will be held off until the 25th so we can attend.
Here we go!!!!!! I am so excited!

6 comments:
Can't wait to see you and the boy. It's 8:30 here, so soon!!!!
Also, guys, I'm so sorry to hear about Scott's dad. Life and death. That's big stuff. We're holding you in our thoughts and prayers from down South.
Jamie, Scott and Sasha - As I write this you are on your way to pick up your precious son! I know you will have an amazing time. So happy for you guys!!
Lori
I can feel your excitement... Everyone at school is looking forward to meeting Po. I love you guys. I'm staying up so I can see the first pictures.
Thinking of you and can't wait to see those first photos of you as a family of four!
I'm also dying to find out who is your son's foster Mum, I'm wondering if it might be the same family that looked after our son!
Jami, Scott and Jenni
I have been thinking of you guys all the time. Po is beautiful and looks so happy. I am so blessed to have a niece with a husband that has such a big heart. I hear Jenni just loves taking care of her brother. Miss you and love you all and can't wait to meet your little boy. Sorry to hear about Scott's dad. They say, when a life ends a new one begins and that is Po's life with his new wonderful family. Love, Aunt Becky
I am a little late in posting on this. It is such an incredible feeling to be just minutes away from getting in the car on your way to your baby. Thanks for sharing this moment.
Post a Comment