So, it has truly been the longest night of our lives!!! We left Newark at 11:10 pm and landed in Anchorage around 2ish. Then took off again at 3:15 am. It was dark everywhere we were! Even the plane was dark... the lights were off! I watched 2 movies and took some good "naps". Shasha was fantastic! She is such a great traveler! She slept most of the flight and watched cartoons the rest of the time... Oh, she also started drawing up (literally) her birthday and christmas list. She drew a picture of a gazebo, a scooter and a Tinkerbell Tv with DVD player. She truly is my little China Angel! She was jumping up and down saying that she was so excited to be getting her baby when we got off the plane. Our room is pretty cool as it is a corner room and has windows on 3 of the walls all the way around! I was a bit disappointed that we didn't have a view of Taipei 101 but the view of the mountains is equally as beautiful. We rested this morning, took showers and are going to go out exploring in a bit... see Taipei 101 and Shasha can't wait to ride the fastest elevators in the world! She said she loves fast rides.
We have a Po update. We are getting him early. Mr. Yeh and his son Alex picked us up at the airport this morning and told us that we will be getting him at 10:40 am instead of 2 pm!!! Now, we have to be up early to get ready, eat breakfast and meet Mr. Yeh at 8 am.
Scott and Shasha are taking a little walk around the hotel right now. We received the call we have been dreading about a half hour ago that Scott's dad has passed. Scott is visibly upset and we both wish that we were home with his stepmom right now to hug her and comfort her. I have to believe that Scott's dad is with us on our journey here in Taiwan. Angel's do that you know.
Hope to have a cheerful update tomorrow with pictures of our little Po-Boy!!!

16 comments:
Jami,
We're glad you have a safe trip. We are so very sorry to hear about Scott's Dad. I know how tough the loss of a parent is.
Best of luck with Po tomorrow. I'm sure Scott's Dad will be making that trip with you.
Mike
Oh such a range of emotions for you. I am so terribly sorry for your loss, it must be made even harder by being so far from home. There really aren't words for times like this I am just very sorry.
On a joyful note glad to see you made it safe and sound to the Agora and will soon be meeting your darling boy for the first time. Thinking of you and your family at this time of both great sadness and great joy.
I'm relieved that you are there but am so very sorry about Scott's dad. Our thoughts are with you!
I am so sorry to hear about Scott's Dad. We never truly understand God's plan, but I believe he (Scott's Dad) will be with you when you pick up Po. That means you get Po our time tonight:) I'm sending you my love wrapped in the biggest hug you can imagine. I miss you like crazy...it's just too quiet. Dylan got his hair cut again...I still don't like it and he won't let Jamie finish cutting the back...yuck:0( Enjoy every minute in Taiwan.
woohoo!!! You made it!!! How exciting!
Debbie
WEll first of all let me tell you all that i am so sorry to hear that scott's dad passed away. like you said i am sure he is with you on your journey in Taiwan.
Second of all i am glad you made it there safely and had a good flight even though it was a long one, but well worth it.
I am excited for you to get Po even earlier than expected means all the more time you get to hold him, hug kim, kiss him and show him all your love you have for him before bringing him home. Shasha must be very excited that she is getting her brother earlier as well.
hope your enjoy your time exploring today.
I can't wait to see the pictures of little Po tomorrow. He is such a cutie.
Hey Po Mum, Hugs to you and your family from the U.S. I'm so very sorry to hear of Scott's Dad's passing. What a bitter sweet journey this is for all of you. There is so little I can say to offer you comfort, just know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Safe travels to Po Boy tomorrow.
Michelle (lynne)
Jami,
I am so happy for all of you. I'm glad your trip went well. I am so sorry for Scott and his family and well as you and the kids for your loss. You are right, your dad-in-law is with you.
Love,
Laurie
So glad to hear you are in Taiwan!!
I can't to see pictures of you all with Po! Happy travels to you, take lots of pictures!
And so very sorry to Scott about his loss. It must be hard being so far away, but I am sure his Dad would want him to be right where he is...getting his grandson.
Jennifer
Jami - Sorry to hear about your family's loss, yet I am excited that you are about to begin your celebration!
Best Wishes,
Amy
Jami-
I am sorry to hear about your family's loss, yet excited to know you are about to begin your celebration!
Best Wishes,
Amy
So emotional...exciting to be there and sad to be away from home all at the same time.
I'm very sorry to hear about your family's loss. But I am sure that he is watching over you as you meet Po for the first time. Angels are everywhere! :-)
Your daughter sounds like such a great travler-how cute making her lists! Can't wait to hear all about your early morning meeting with your new son! Congrats on your forever family day!!!
Jami...so sorry for Scott's loss! Being so far away from the rest of your loved ones is hard! Cyber hugs!!
Lori
I was so sorry to hear about your father in law. My condolences on your loss. But you are right: he'll be with the family in spirit.
Good luck tomorrow: hope you have a fantastic Gotcha Day!!!
Best
Elena
Jami,
Just catching up on your blog and read that Scott's dad passed. I am so truly sorry. This is such a bittersweet trip, as I am sure you have realized. I am not a very religious person but I do believe that Scott's dad is there somewhere with you:)
Jami-
I am happy to hear that yor travel was safe and easy. It is such a long flight. I am so sorry that Scott's Dad has passed. Such a difficult array of emotions to be experiencing. Please let Scott know that I am thinking of him.
Post a Comment