Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family
WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF!!!

Friday, September 25, 2009

A new family portrait and some Pictures of the NorthEast coast!

Though the circumstances for us being all dressed up today were unfortunate (scott's father's funeral)we were able to get a few nice nice photos of the kids and our family.


Shasha loves Po very much and she is a great big sister! Not being the only child is definitely affecting her but she will get better over time I am sure. Next weekend we will have a Momma Shasha day. She still thinks Po should just get over bing a Momma's boy. She says that he should be Daddy's boy since there are 2 boys and 2 girls in the family now.

The jetlag is not as bad as I thought that it would be. I am tired but still Ok as long as I have my little nap. Po on the other hand is off! His little internal clock just doesn't know what to make of things! Last night he fell asleep at 4:30 and slept around the clock. He was up about every 2 hours beginning at midnight and was liiking at me with wide awake big brown ayes at about 3 am. I think I fell asleep while giving him a bottle!! My mom is staying over again tonight to help so that Scott and I can just get a good night's rest and get this whole jetlag thing done and over with! All and all... it isn't half of what I remember from our trip to China!

Now we will backtrack just a few days... Monday September 21... after we left Keelumg we drove... well, I didn't but Mr. Yeh and Scott... yup, you read right, Scott drove the windy and narrow little roads that lead us throgh the Northeast coast of Taiwan! It was beautiful and reminded us much of the coast of Hawaii or California. The windy road followed the jagged coastline and the scenery was most impressive. I struggled to take pictures from the back of the van with both kids on my lap and the bumpy road... but I just had to have some pictures and so I tried to hold the Nikon steady with one hand and take shots from the window without focusing as we bounced along. The ride definitely kept Jill and Ian up after a long day of travel!!!


We finally arrived at Yehliu Park an dit was so us... so National Park like! The rock formations were so Southwest... just not the same color! We had a wonderful time with Ian and Jill walking through th epark and checking out all the cool formations. Only 1 of us, Ian... I won't mention your name!) had a problem staying on the correct side of the red danger line! It was stunning scenery and I really wish that I had the baby carrier with me so that we could have gone a bit farther through the park! And I was amazed at Queen's Head... I have seen a thousand... OK maybe 8 pictues of this formation and never really saw why it was called Queen's Head. But when we got right up to it... I saw the Queen's Head and her eyes and crown and hair and wow... it was really a rock shaped like a Queen's head!!!!





2 comments:

amysalli said...

love the new family pictures even if though they were taken under not so good reasons.

You are one big happy family. Glad to hear Shasha is doing such a great job at being a big sister. haivng that Momma Shasha day is going to be a blast for the two of you I just know it.

Glad to hear the jet lag is not as bad as it was when you went to China. Po will hopefully adjust in a few more days to the time difference.

Love the pictures and can't wait to see more.

Thanks for sharing all of this with all of us. It has been a great pleasure of mine to follow your journey... Once again i can not beging to tell youjust how happy I am for all of you..

QingLu Mama said...

Great photos!
So glad to hear the jet lag hasn't been too bad! I don't remember feeling it much coming from China, so I had hoped it would be similar with Taiwan...we shall see!

Also so glad to hear everyone is settling in. It must be a huge adjustment for you all...
I hope Po starts sleeping better, I know once he's home for a bit he'll get there.
How's Shasha enjoying being a big sis? I'm sure she is doing a great job of it! Have a wonderful day together!
Jennifer

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers