I love love love reading all of your comments! They really keep me looking forward to coming down to the business center! Po continues to be a great little boy. he is happy and smiles lots and today he showed us his big dimple right in the middle of his cheek! His legs are so skinny but they hold him up and he does like to hold on to your fingers and walk a bit! You can tell that it is all new to him. He doesn't sit up by himself yet at all and that concerns me just a bit. I just told my mom last night that he wasn't sitting up or crawling but Po made a liar out of me. Last night he just got up on his little knees and crawled over to a toy he wanted to play with! I think he will need some extra Grammy and nancy calories and we will have to get this kid in shape! He seems to watch everything that I do but he goes to Scott without even a thought! Shasha doesn't want to leave his side! She really loves him!
Last night we were tired once again and so we went to the local 7/11 (yes, they are on every other corner next to the Starbucks) and bought noodle soups. We went back to the room and had a yummy dinner! They were like Cup o noodles from home but had some odd looking stuff in them which looked to be a bit seeweedish! Shhhhh! Don't tell Shasha we said that! They were very yummy and once again we ate dinner for about $3.00!
Mrs. Li said that Po sleeps through the night in his crib with his pacifier and some light music. Well, THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN! First, we had no light music except if you count Shasha's humming (every song she hums sounds like Jesus loves me).He also did not want anything to do with his pacifier... he would just spit it out! Oh and then there was the fact that he HATES his crib! And so... it is a good thing we have a King size bed here because the whole family slept together! I brought Po into bed after he screamed for about 3o minutes... I couldn't let him feel so alone on his first night without all that he has ever known... I am such a sucker! This is how I started sleeping with Shasha! Dad... We are going to need a bigger Master bedroom added on to fit a much larger family bed:) Anyway, after he fell asleep on me I placed him in his crib. He slept till about 3:30 am and then back into bed with us! Unfortunately, this woke Shasha up who decided that it was long enough to sleep and that was that... nighttime was officially over!
This morning Po had his first bath in the sink! He does love his bath and very unlike Shasha doesn't even mind if water gets in his face. We came down to breakfast which is very yummy! Shasha and I had Baby Belle Cheese, pancakes, bacon and yogurt for breakfast... It was all very good! Then Mr. Yeh was here to pick us up for our AIT appointment at 8:30 this morning. We went into the office and were very happen to see 2 other families here in Taiwan to adopt beautiful little babies! I hope to stay in contact with them... it is great to have such a wonderful AIT Taiwan connection! All went well at AIT and our appointment to pick up Po's visa is on Monday at 11:30 am.
I also wanted to post some pictures from our visit the other day to the Taipei 101 building... I just love seeing things like this! It is a structural amazement and way cool to go to the top and look out over the entire city! Taipei 101 is visible from everywhere in the city! And at night it looks beautiful all lit up with its green lights. It is so cool to day that you were at the tallest COMPLETED building in the world and that we rode the 2 fastest elevators in the world! Travel is such a beautiful blessing and I am so happy that traveling to China and Taiwan is a wonderful experience that includes building our family! We spent hours deciding if we should bring Shasha with us to Taiwan... and we made the right decision! I would not have wanted yesterday's Po meeting to be changed in any way!
Mr. Yeh is going to pick us up at 1 pm today to go do some sightseeing! I am very excited to get out and see Taiwan! And you can bet that I will take lots of photos!
See you all next post... and keep those comments coming... I really love the contact as I am a very social person!
And Dawn... Can you ask Joe about that for me????

9 comments:
So glad that taking Sasha was a good decision! Po is precious! Good idea bringing him into bed with you, they just need that for awhile. We did it for 4 months and I think it made a world of differnece with Kyan.
P.S. Kyan was a rough (to put it mildly) sleeper. So, when you get home and if you are experiencing the same issues I am here for you and may have some advice:) It's a long story!
Hey Jami,
It was great seeing you at AIT today!! How fun to meet instead of just reading each other's blogs!!
Your family is beautiful and what a great addition your little Po is!!!
Enjoy the rest of your journey and have safe travels....
Let's keep in touch!
Tonya
I am so glad that you love to read the comments that everyone is posting.
I so look forward to reading your post everymorining when i wake up and then again before i go to bed at night, if there is one.
The pictures look wonderful and Po looks so happy. ShaSha is a great big sister and you can tell just by looking at her that she is very happy with Po and will do a great job of taking care if him right along with the rest of you. but then again there never was any doubt about that considering who her partents are.
You have a very lovely family and you are so blessed with them as they are to be with you...
I am glad AIT went well and am enjoying the photos. Can't wait to see where Mr. Yeh takes you!
Congratulations, Your family is so beautiful! Love from your jitterbug sister
California Vicki
http://www.pomafamily.blogspot.com
Beautiful pictures! I'm so glad your trip is going well and Po is a DOLL!!
I'm so glad we took Angelina to Ethiopia as well. The trip home was awful,but it was all well worth it. We wanted her to be part of adding to our family as well. It's so important.
BTW, Angelina couldn't sit up at 1 year old and that changed quick. Negasi Obama couldn't use his legs at all. they were limp. Now he is kicking everything. Overnight he got stronger. I'm glad Po is doing well!!
Love the blog!
Laurie
I'm glad you are having a good trip. Love the bath pic. Sorry about the sleep issues. Anna didn't sleep well the first night or two, and ended up in bed with us, or me. Same when we got home. But after getting used to the new places, she was back in her bed and sleeping well. It will just take some getting used to for all of you.
Enjoy the rest of your visit in Taiwan. Looks like big sis is doing great!
Yeah! SO happy things went well at AIT. I was SO nervous going to AIT. More nervous to go there then to get Lauren. We were also told that Lauren sleeps through the night in her crib. THere was no way she would go in the crib while in Taiwan and I can't say as I blame her. She was quite blow away by the transition and was attached to me like a second skin for the first 3 days. The good news is that she is in the crib now at home.
So who did you meet? Were they also with Gladney?
OH I forgot to mention that my mom and I had the same enourmous orange bowl of soup. It ws really good! We kept ourchopsticks and spoons as souveniours. If you look closely they say Taipei 101 on them:)
Post a Comment