Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family
WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF!!!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Taiwan... Here we COME!!!

Wow... i still can't believe that we are leaving for Taiwan! It seems like NOTHING was happening ...and then BAM... my life is in a tailspin! I have had so long to be prepared for this... so why do i feel so unprepared??? I mean just because I can't find my diaper bag from 3 years ago isn't reason to panic... it is time to celebrate!!! After all... that means I have to SHOP for a new one!!!!! I need to make one of my To Do lists... Oh that's right... I DID and I lost IT! I still haven't hung anything on the walls in Po's room... maybe Scott and I can do that tonight. I have bottles and liners, but I need new nipples. I need to buy formula to take and he might need a few more clothes for Taiwan. Po currently has 1 sleeper, 6 little polo shirts, 3 pair of shorts, a swimming suit, a cute little hat and a jacket. I don't need much... I mean when we get home it isn't like he will need shorts anymore!

The news that we would be leaving for Taiwan in September to finally pick up our little dumpling came on the eve of my birthday! It was the best birthday present EVER! Have I mentioned that I love my birthday!!!???? It is MY day and I get lots of birthday greetings and well, it is a fantastic reason to eat cake! MMMMMMM.... Chocolate cake with Paeanut Butter icing... my favorite! Scott and Shasha bought me a sit and Stand stroller that we picked out!

And Scott called this morning with fantastic news! One of his buddies, RJ, at work is going to switch his vacation with Scott for the time off to travel to Taiwan! This is just what we needed! I actually had tears in my eyes hearing that RJ was such an unselfish person! It is just great to know that there are so many people out in this world so willing to make sacrifices for others!

Now, I have decisions to make... I have decided that I will not take too long off from work. I will be returning to work on December 1. That was a big decision to make because I really would have liked to take off the whole school year... but i also want to be able to continue traveling, have Shasha (and now PO) involved in all those cool activities like Little G%ym, Chinese school and swimming lessons, perhaps get a new car within the next year, tweak my kitchen with some new paint, a new floor and new appliances, and so I really can't afford to give up my paycheck. And why??? We are a lucky family. Scott has a great schedule...He is a firefighter and works 2 day shifts, 2 night shifts, and then has 4 days off. So he is officially Mr. Mom for 6 days a week. His schedule rotates by 1 day each week. On Scott's two day shifts we have Dappy's Daycare... AKA my Dad! Shasha loves her days with Dappy... they do lots of cool things together. As I said... we are a very lucky family!
We would like to have Shasha got to preschool, but don't want to send her off right away in fear that she might see us pushing her away when we get her new brother. So now I have to find a preschool that I can start her in january???
And... should I buy a netbook, a notebook or none at all??? Will I have the time to blog in Taiwan? Right now, I only have desktop.. what to do?????
Oh... and did I mention the stress of my ENTIRE 2010 library budget needing to be done by September 10???

4 comments:

michelle said...

Hi Po Mum-
Breath. OK, freak out. Then breath again. I would be sooooo like you. One minute something looks so far away and then the next minute it is right there. Maybe because I do a ton too early, so I have to wait because I'me getting ahead of myself, then the next thing I know I haven't done enough and wonder if I have enough time to do all that is left. But...what has to get done gets done. As you know I have none of the experience for travel to Taiwan, yet, so I can only be in your cheering section. Hip, hip, hurray, Po Boy your Po Mum is on her way. Keep well!
Michelle (mlynneruss)

Katie said...

Take a deep breath, you will get it all done and then you will have an amazing trip. Enjoy the preparations!

amysalli said...

ok take a deep breath. I am sure you will have everything in order for when you need to leave.

Hope you have a super trip to Taiwan. I wish you a very safe journey as you travel to get Po to bring him home...

Once again i can not tell you how happy i am for all of you...

rgshrs said...

Wow! You have so much on your plate! Breathe, I am sure it will all fall into place. I love your story of how the pieces of the nursery came together. AMAZING. Red threads, karma, angels, whatever you call it definitely MEANT TO BE! I wish you all the best on your travels and can't wait to see PoChun with his forever family.
One last note, Chocolate cake and Peanut butter frosting?!?!! NO WAY! That is my favorite and most people look at me like I'm crazy (until they try it;) I thought it was a "Maine" thing. LOL. That and Whoopie Pie cake are a must around here for mine and the hubby's birthdays. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday and I wish you many more with your beautiful family!

Heather

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers