Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family
WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF!!!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Count UP from our First Ruling Fact # 13 and a new shelf!

Yesterday I said that besides the 1 large island, Taiwan is also made of about 80 offshore islands. In fact, there are three groups of small islands. Of these, the largest group of islands is the Penghu Archipelago, or Penscadores. This group of 64islands lies off Taiwan's western coast. These islands are a national scenic area and house beach resorts that appeal to both Taiwanese and foreign visitors.
The Matsu islands are the second group of islands which are located only a few miles from mainland China. Appoximately 9,000 people make their homes on th 18 Matsu Islands.
The last group of islands, Kinmen, which used to be known as Quemoy, is just 1 mile off the China's mainland coast. This archipelago is made up of 15 islands with a total population near 45,000.
Both Matsu and Kinmen played an important position as a line of first defense in the battle between the Nationalists and the mainland Chinese from 1949 through the 50's.
And might I just add that T@rget had a beautiful bookshelf! I made Scott put it inth eroom so I could see my vision even though we have to move it out to paint the room! I finished up cleaning out the closet in Po's room this afternoon and I am ready for a fresh coat of paint! I am keeping the room the exact same color (popcorn yellow)... but the paint on the walls is now about 10 years old and Po deserves new paint with brighter walls! Po's room will have a cl@ssic P@@h theme! I was given a few nursery items in P@@h and I really do LOVE it! I ordered a few more pieces online and am just awaiting their arrival... and Po's!

4 comments:

amysalli said...

love the shelf. great idea.

QingLu Mama said...

I am so enjoying your factual count UP! Thanks for all the great information you are sharing!
Love the Pooh theme too, very sweet for your darling Po!
And I am hoping you get your Final VERY soon!
And I hope we do get to cross paths during our travel! Our time lines are very close...
Will Sha sha be joining you on the trip?
Jennifer

Robin said...

I like how things are shaping up in Po's room. The classic pooh is adorable. You got A LOT done!

Elaine said...

Jami - I love classic Pooh. Excellent choice - its fun to see the room coming together.
Yeah, and come on with the rulings already.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers