Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family
WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF!!!

Monday, August 24, 2009

As the summer comes to a close... and Taiwan count UP fact #25

Wow! Summer is almost at a close once again... well, maybe not officially but as teacher... once we start school again... well, summer is OVER! My first day back to school is this Wednesday and so my summer is almost over. There are so many things that I feel have not been accomplished this summer. My kitchen is not repainted as I intended to do, the front porch was pressure washed but not restained, and the weeds... oh my... the weeds (why do the deer eat all of my flowers but NOT the weeds?)! I still haven't gone to see the new H@rry P@tter movie, I haven't re-started my diet as planned (there is always NEXT Monday), and we still don't have our little dumpling in our arms. But look at what we DID do!

Face to face with a gator at Zoo Americ@ Oh the rides... there was so much to do at Hersh@y Park! Did I mention that Shasha loves roller coasters! Oh Yeah!
The Beuty of America's Southwest is just amazing! I enjoyed wasting my time in it!
And Disn@y World was simply magical... so what if it was our 4th visit since December! There are always new things to do and see!
A drive through Shenend@ah national Park was beatiful in an east coast, woodsy sort of way! The views from Skyline Drive were amazing!A stop at Rich@nd National Battlefield made 4 National Park visits in 1 year!So... our trip to AC was a little cloudy and cold... it didn't stop us from long walks on the beach and fun on the boarwalk!
This summer was wonderful and we have lots of great memories to prove it! We started the summer off with a trip to AC, we traveled to L@s Veg@s, Bryce and Zion NP's, spent a week in Disn@y W@rld, traveled to Richm@nd to see Shasha's Yangxi friends, drove through Shenend@ah National P@rk, visited the Richm@nd National B@ttlefield, and spent some time in the sweetest place on earth... Hersh@y! Hmmmm... we spent so much time away from home... i guess that's why I didn't have time to do the things I didn't do!

Well... I better get to the fact so I can go savor my last days of summer vacation!
Taichung is Taiwan's 3rd largest city! Although more than one million people live in Taichung, the city's relaxed pace and simple layout make it seem small and uncrowded. Oh and yes... I did double up on fact #24... I didn't like how my count up numbers didn't match...don't ask... it's just me!

1 comment:

amysalli said...

wow you did alot of great things over the summer. I know you wish you could of done one more thing.

Great pictures by the way. i love seeing all the pitures you take.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers