
It has been 14 years since Scott and I were married. We celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary on November 2. This date has become the date representing the beginning of our family! If Scott and I had not fallen in love and married, then we would not have the two most beautiful children in the world. And as a family... we celebrated our anniversary at Red L@bster eating all you can eat shrimp! Well, there goes the diet!
Honestly, fourteen years ago I thought I would be in a different place...not where I am now. I certainly never even considered the possibility of traveling half-way across the globe... not once but TWICE... to adopt my children. And yes... we are still logged in with China for a third. I can't say that I had even planned to be a librarian...no way... I was never a reader. But maybe that's what makes me connect with middle schoolers so well. The fact that I wasn't and now I AM. And may I also point out that Scott and I did indeed go to Disn@y W@rld for our honeymoon... BUT ONLY because the resort we were planning to stay at in Antigua was nearly destroyed in a hurricane. In fact, our honeymoon was only the 4th time I had ever visited my now "MUST-GO-TO" fairytale land.
I have learned that friends come and go and family can't always be counted on, but Scott...he is always by my side. He accepts me for who I am and still loves me back. He has taken on the biggest adventure in the world with me without hesitation. We have been through so much together... both good and bad, the moments that take your breath away and the moments that make you want to cry yourself to sleep. And fourteen years later I still love him with all my heart<3

4 comments:
Congratulations!! What a milestone!
Happy ever after 14th, with MANY more to come!!!
mlynne
Happy anniversary!
This was lovely and I wish you countless more years of joy!!!
Lisa
Happy 14th Anniversary! Wishing you many more yeas to come.
Post a Comment